Unit 1 – Individual Project
- Type: Individual Project
- Due Date: Mon, 10/10/15
- Points Possible: 150
- Deliverable Length: 1,000–1,250 words + Excel spreadsheet
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
A financial team has been properly selected and charged to proceed with its analysis of EEV’s financial statements. In the course of its evaluation, it will be assessing the firm’s operating performance, benchmarking its competitors, and looking at the industry using financial ratios as its source of measurement.
The income statement measures the firm’s profitability over a period of time: 1 month, 1 quarter, or 1 year. The statement focuses on the operations of the firm and explains what was produced and sold. In essence, it summarizes revenues generated and the results.
Tony understands that managing profitability involves overseeing 3 interrelated factors: volume, cost, and price. He has given you the job of conducting an in-depth analysis of EEV’s operating performance. You will analyze the following factors:
- Sales volume, cost, and price of each specific product
- Each product’s contribution to sales in terms of profit
- The relationship between sales and supportive employment
Tony has made it clear that he expects you to initiate a constructive discussion by describing your findings both in narrative form and through an organized numeric presentation.
Click here to view the EEV income statement, and then complete the following in your paper:
- Review the sales volume, cost, and price of each specific product.
- Review each product’s contribution to sales in terms of profit.
- Describe the relationship between sales and supportive employment.
Provide an Excel spreadsheet that depicts your findings along with your analysis.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
- Describe the components of financial statements and their related footnotes.
- Utilize appropriate tools and procedures in analyzing financial data to determine the company’s financial position, operating results, and resource flows.