PART I: Short Response Questions
Directions: Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following questions. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments, if possible. For each question, your response must be at least 100 words in length and utilize APA guidelines.
1. Distinguish between diagnostic suffixes and procedural suffixes. List 5 examples of each along with their meanings. Indicate why it is important to know the difference between a diagnostic suffix and procedural suffix. How does this difference affect the meaning of a medical term?
2. Choose 3 examples of diagnostic suffixes. Differentiate among the 3 examples by providing their meanings and stating how they differ from one another. Then name 5 medical terms that use this specific word part.
3. Specify which type of suffix is the word part “-therapy”? Differentiate between radiotherapy and radiology by using the textbook as a starting off point, and then search online resources, such as those found in the LIRN Library.
4. What are the differences between the types of hysterectomy that might be performed?
5. Consider the term atherosclerosis. How would you best explain atherosclerosis to a patient who asks you a question about it?
PART II: Journal
Please write at least one to two paragraphs (minimum 200 words) summarizing the case study of Claudia. Please refer back to the Module 3 Overview and click on the Online Lessons. Describe your thoughts about Claudia.